How Amazon Will Help You Save Money While Living Healthier
Learn how I save money, stay on budget, make gluten-free food, and live naturally by using Amazon. It’s a life-saver for all moms–especially the moms who want to live a healthier lifestyle.
Amazon Prime is a huge help in living a gluten-free and natural lifestyle.
3 Reasons You Need Amazon Prime
- As a mom who caters to strict dietary needs (and therefore makes a whole heck of a lot of things at home), you can save some of that valuable time by NOT heading to the store.
- Because we use “crunchy” or “rare” ingredients, not all of those items are easily accessible in a local, regular store. But they’re easily accessible through Amazon.
- It honestly will save you so much money.
Here are a couple of reasons why Amazon saves you money:
1. You can order exactly what you need and not be tempted with extra purchases from wandering in the store
2. Amazon carries many items that can be bought in bulk for the best price, so you save a lot of money in the long run
3. You can save even more by purchasing “used” with Amazon Warehouse deals
I’ve saved hundreds of dollars by purchasing things that are technically “used,” but might have only been taken out the box and returned. I’ve personally bought kitchen chairs, Pyrex containers, glass lunch storage containers, kids’ toys, ceilings fans, Contigo water bottles, and more, through Amazon Warehouse.
Here’s how you find Warehouse deals in the Amazon App:
When we remodeled our kitchen we bought our beautiful sink through Amazon Warehouse in “Good” used condition. It had numbers written on the underside of the sink (probably from a construction project), but had never been used and was perfect in every way. No one will ever know about the random numbers underneath it. It doesn’t matter for even a second in this situation.
But it saved us over $100.
I get AWESOME deals on all kinds of kitchen appliances by shopping their Warehouse deals and they can still be shipped with Prime (hey-O, 2 day shipping!).
Related Post: Kitchen Tools You Need to Save Money Eating Gluten Free
If you’re needing a new food processor, blender, or cast iron skillet, it’s worth looking below the item to see if they have a “used” Warehouse option.
Not a member? You can start a FREE 30-day trial, and then cancel it after Prime Day if you don’t want to keep it.
Tip: If you are an EBT card holder, you can get a discounted Amazon Prime Membership for only $5.99 a month.
Amazon bonuses for the natural mama:
We buy our baby diapers through Amazon. We cloth diaper part-time, but use disposables for travel, night-time, and days when I just can’t even. Amazon is the best pricing we’ve found for Earth and Eden diapers, which is our choice disposable. We also get baby wipes through Amazon that are unscented, which is a must for me.
Our favorite cloth diaper: click here to see
Our favorite cloth insert: click here to see
If you join the Family Subscription program, you save 20% on diaper subscriptions, and get exclusive coupons and deals for those budget-savvy mamas out there.
Signing up with Amazon’s Baby Registry has a lot of bonuses. As a mom of 4, I have used Amazon’s Baby registry FOUR times. This registry is the best in my opinion.
- You can link items from other sites (like Etsy–because Etsy has some of the best homemade baby adorable-ness ever)
- Almost everyone feels comfortable/safe buying through Amazon
- They have an extended return policy for the Registrant, just in case you or baby end up not loving one of those Baby Shower gifts. Which is perfect because some baby items look awesome but then the baby only ends up using it for a hot 5 minutes and never wants to see it again. Or maybe you change your mind and find something better you want, etc. Sooooo, extended returns are great.
Amazon bonuses for a natural & gluten-free lifestyle:
As a mama who is trying to lower toxins and keep things natural, I make many items at home. That includes disinfectant spray, laundry detergent, lotion, diaper cream, and dish detergent just to name a few.
I use Amazon every month (*cough* sometimes multiple times a week) to buy most ingredients for all of these DIY products. Buying some of these items locally will cost me double, which doesn’t work in my budget. And I want you to save money here, too!
Since we also eat gluten free food, I make a lot of things from scratch because a) it tastes better and b) it is healthier! Just because you find something that says “gluten free” in the store, doesn’t means it’s healthy.
These are some healthy-living things I have bought or generally buy from Amazon because they’re nearly always the best price:
- KitchenAid Mixer
- Black Strap Molasses
- Shea Butter
- Activated Charcoal
- Aloe Vera Gel
- Cloth Diapers
- Baby OxiClean
- Silicone Spatulas
- Silicone Baking Mats
- Glass Spray Bottles
Using Amazon to buy all of the kitchen appliances I need to eat gluten free also saves me money month after month.
How to save even more with Amazon:
Amazon has Lightning Deals (these are especially amazing on Prime Day) that are exactly what they sound like. A short, flash sale that has a limited time and often a limited quantity. You can score some serious deals this way. If you download the Amazon App, you can turn on notifications for items when they go on a Lightning Deal.
My new favorite money saver for online shopping is Honey. It compliments Amazon perfectly. They find the absolute BEST deal for the item you’re looking for, and also follow trends in pricing to predict if the price will lower or if now is a good time to buy. Honey also shows various coupons you can apply to get the best deal. They scan Amazon items for you just to double check you’re really getting the best pricing, especially since Amazon items do tend to fluctuate in pricing.
Click HERE to join Honey
Prime Day 2019: deals aren’t made public prior to Prime Day, but Amazon has given a sneak peak of some sales that are definitely worth looking into. Here’s a round up of somethings that will be the best price of the year.
Kitchen Deals for 2019:
Here’s to all those Amazon boxes that will be at your door 😉