DIY Foaming Hand Soap
Effective DIY foaming hand soap that you can make at home. This foaming hand soap recipe is all-natural, organic, and powerful. Organic foaming hand soap recipe for under 50 cents a bottle?! A natural mom’s dream come true.
How to make foaming hand soap for under 50 cents a bottle
It all started on a visit to my sister’s house. She had peppermint foaming hand soap in her bathroom.
I had gone to visit her and snuggle her new baby. Being the good baby-holder I am, I washed my hands before stealing my niece.
“Where did you get this soap?! I love it!”
“I made it.”
Cue shock and disbelief.
It lathered beautifully, smelled heavenly, and felt like it knew what it was doing.
Homemade hand soap.
My life has never been the same.
How to save $3.39 this week
I have four children. As a family of six, do you even want to guess how many bottles of hand soap we go through?
Let’s just say a lot!
Innumerable amounts when it’s potty-training time.
Before visiting my sister, the foaming hand soap I used to purchase cost $3.89 a bottle.
Main ingredient? Water!
Not fancy sparkling water…plain ol’ Jane water.
I felt robbed.
After I started making my own hand soap I did the cost breakdown. This DIY foaming hand soap costs under 50 cents a bottle.
And it gets better. It only takes three ingredients (plus water–that I’m not paying $3.39 for!).
The simple ingredients you need to make foaming hand soap
DIY Foaming Hand Soap Recipe
What you need to make foaming hand soap
- Foam hand soap bottle: you can buy one like this, or you can buy a bottle of foaming hand soap and reuse the bottle after you use up the soap.
- 1 ½ cups water (distilled or boiled and cooled down works best)
- 2 tablespoons castile soap
- ½ tsp oil (a liquid oil like jojoba, olive, avocado, or grapeseed)
- 10 drops essential oil of choice
- Pour water into container first (trust me, don’t put the soap in first! It’ll bubble like crazy)
- Add in the castile soap and essential oils
- Close the lid tightly and shake well to combine
My favorite essential oil blends
- 6 drops peppermint + 4 drops vanilla
- 8 drops lemon + 2 drops lavender
- 6 drops orange + 4 drops vanilla
- 10 drops Thieves
Now I don’t have to go to my sister’s house to use soap I love (although I LOVE going to my sister’s house).
I can make it at home for 50 cents…and so can you!
Want more natural living tips and recipe?
Join my subscriber list and I’ll send you a FREE 5-day mini challenge to get you making all your own natural cleaners for pennies!
(And don’t worry, I hate excess e-mails as much as you do! I’ll respect your inbox, friend.)