I’m Melissa! Wife to my husband of 10 years, Justin, and mama to four kiddos ages 7, 5, 3, and 1 (yep, every two years like clockwork). After finding out I was gluten-intolerant in 2011, I’ve been eating strictly gluten-free. Guess what? Digestion shouldn’t feel like swallowing glass.
When my first baby was born in 2013 and broke out in hives from everything from laundry soap to baby lotion, I started on a journey to switch to all-natural products, too.
I’m passionate about helping others feed their families nutritious (and non-nasty) gluten-free food–and doing it on a budget. We eat a lot of real, clean food, but I’m not about doing it 100% of the time. We leave room for real life.
Healthy food does not have to break the bank, and it can be done without couponing.
I’m also passionate about you (and me) erradicating toxins from our homes and switching to natural products. By simplifying ingredients we save money, but also live healthier lives. I want that for you! Switching to a natural lifestyle is an on-going process–one that I’m still in, too. I want to help you make the switch one product at a time. Becoming “crunchy” is like boiling a frog. Slow and steady, my friends, and one day you wake up full-on granola ;).
I want to share what I’m learning so that we can each succeed at this mom thing. I seriously am rooting for you and want to give you all the support I can!
Let’s do this!
What you’ll find here:
Family-Friendly Recipes: We eat 100% gluten free, so every recipe is in the gluten-free category. Breakfast, snacks, dinners, and dessert (because, again, I believe in a healthy balance that includes sweet treats!). You’ll also find many recipes that are low-dairy or dairy-free, eggless, low meat, paleo, keto, etc.
Natural product DIYs: From dish soap to tooth powder, I’m on a journey to make household and hygiene products that are non-toxic and made with simple ingredients. But they gotta work! Effective homemade products is a must.
Budgeting tips: As a family of 6 living on one income, pinching pennies is just what we do. You will find tips on saving money on groceries and household items, budget-friendly menu plans, and how to properly prep food to reduce waste.
Mom advice: I certainly don’t have all the answers, but sharing what is working for us might help simplify your life–and I’m all about that.
Helpful resources for you
- How to Eat Gluten Free Without Blowing Your Budget
- The BEST Gluten Free Sandwich Bread
- Easy No-Heat Natural Lotion
- 9 Household Cleaners That Actually Work
- I’m a follower of Jesus, unashamedly. He is my Redeemer and Sustainer, and He is the One I want to please in everything I do–even this blog! If you are not a follower of Jesus, you are absolutely welcome. Just know my faith will permeate what I say and do here.
- I swore I would never marry someone I met in college…guess where I met my husband? Yeah, college. When he first asked me out I told him no because I didn’t want to lose him as one of my closest friends. A week later I realized how stupid that was. We’ve been together ever since.
- Speaking of college, I have a degree in Education, with an Early Childhood endorsement.
- We homeschool our kids. I thought it would be easy with my background in teaching…nope! A nursing baby, a clingy toddler, a hysterical preschooler–it’s a horse of a different color.
- I’ve experienced a myriad of births:
-Repeat c-section, check.
-All-natural VBA2C, check.
-Induced labor with an epidural VBA2C, check.
How to Connect with me!
Join my Facebook community
Follow my Pinterest boards
See more real life snapshots on Instagram